The top-mounted rocker switch allows for easier operation. Other convenient features include super-grip battery clamps that are both heavy duty and color-coded, easy-to-read meter that is accurate and shock resistant as well as a baked enamel steel case which is ventilated to keep it cool.
Multiple functions: alternator state check, battery state check, check before charge and overload display.
Type of indication: 3 sections, red, yellow and green to show the “consumed”“recharge”“normal” stage respectively.
Manual instantaneous contact type and each measurement should be done within 10 seconds.
The rated voltage of the battery to be tested is 6V or 12V.
Item Type: Diagnostic Tools
Item Name: Battery Tester
Measure Limit: 0-16V
Precision: 2.0 Level
Length of Wire: 34cm / 13.4in
Battery Tester Size: 28 * 10.5 * 6cm / 11.0 * 4.1 * 2.4in
Package Size: 31.5 * 9 * 17cm / 12.4 * 3.5 * 6.7in
Package Weight: 1230g / 2.71lbs
1. During the test, its surroundings should be well ventilated.
2. Clean the measuring ends of the battery to be tested.
3. Check the battery for broken part or damage.
4. If it is necessary to remove the battery from the vehicle, first remove the earthing end of the battery, and other accessories are taken out carefully.
Test of the battery:
1. First check if the needle of the instrument points to zero position on the left of the graduated disc; if not, turn the zero adjuster in the middle of the instrument cover until it
points to zero .
2. Connect the red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery , while the black one is connected to the negative terminal. Then instrument needle should move away from zero to the right side. If it turns in the other direction, this shows that the clamp connection is wrong, and if there is no reading at all (the needle stays at zero position ) check if the testing clamp is properly connected with the terminals.
3. Turn the load switch to the “on” position. Keep at that position until the needle is steady, but don’t exceed to seconds.
4. Read the battery state on the graduated disc.
Analysis of Battery
On—load test: The reaction after the instrument being loaded(i.e. the load switch is turned to “on” position). OK or green section: Battery capacity is sufficient. Whether the battery is fully charged or not can be checked by measuring its specific gravity and recharge it to its full extent. Weak or bad condition, but indication is steady: Battery capacity is not sufficient.
This may be due to the following two factors:
(1) the damaged battery.
(2) insufficient recharge.
Which one of the two factors can be determined by checking the specific gravity . If the specific gravity is larger than 1.225 , the battery is damaged; If it is less than 1.225 , recharge it and test again . If the variation exceeds 0.025, this shows that the battery has been damaged; if the recharge cannot reach the full charged specific gravity, the shows that the battery Is aged or ineffective.
Weak or bad condition and the value is falling: The battery is perhaps disqualified, Make quick inspection, release the load switch and check the reaction on the voltmeter. If the voltmeter
needle reaches or exceeds 12 volts within a few seconds, the battery may be damaged. If the needle gradually reaches 12 volts , the battery has been used up . Precision results can be obtained by checking the specific gravity.
1 * Battery Tester